Monday, December 28, 2009

Countdown to Magfest


In a few days I will be heading up to DC for Magfest. Magfest is a huge four day gaming con for fans by fans. I went last year and I have to say, it was a blast. Some of last year's highlights included playing Street Fighter IV before the console release, meeting the Angry Video Nerd, and seeing some really cool game music tribute bands live. The tickets are pretty cheap ($45 for four days) considering all the cool stuff you get to see and do. Here are some of the things I am looking forward to this year:

  • Sid Meier is going to be there. He created the Civilization series.
  • The Angry Video Game Nerd is coming back.
  • CAVE arcade games and Bemani arcade games from Japan will be there to blow our minds...woohoo!
  • Gaming tournaments galore (I am a beast at BlazBlue, hehe.)
The event starts on Jan. 1 and last through the 4th. For those interested, I will post the Magfest site.

http://magfest.org/

No comments: