Sunday, January 15, 2012

Top Five Manliest Anime

As a boy my first introduction to anime came via Sailor Moon on the local network cartoon block before school. I thought the art style was interesting but the girly subject matter and story of "love conquers all" annoyed me. Soon I found the local video store carried this stuff called Japanimation. That is what people called anime in the early to mid 90s. Anyway, from there I ventured into the section regularly and become a fan of the crazy plots and ultra-violence of older anime. Over the years, I recall this period as being my introduction to Japanese culture as a whole. I've watched over the past decade as the anime genre has pretty much went to shit. What happened to all the cool manly stuff from my youth? It seems to have been taken over my cheap thrills anime with half naked maid chicks in robot suits fighting over a total nerd's affections or something equally retarded. If you missed the heyday of manly anime, have no fear...here are a few choice clips of manime...if these videos pique your interest, track the DVDs down and grow some hair on your chest.

5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

4. Berserk

3. Golgo 13- The Professional

2. Space Adventure Cobra
1. Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken)

No comments: